Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Portfolio update

I've made progress with my new portfolio site.
Firstly, I've got the javascript slideshow on the homepage with the correct dimensions. I want the image to be bold when the mouse is over the images and faded when off. The following screen prints better illustrate what i mean.

Mouse not over:















Mouse over:














I know there's a way to do this with javascript but, as my javascript skills are basically trial and error, i'll stick to image rollovers at this point. I'll figure it out after the site is online, but at the moment im just concentration on getting it online asap.

When i say my javascript skills are trial and error, i mean i have found the code from our sources (tutorials, etc) and i play with the settings to figure out what links with what and how it all works. I find this method a more fun way of understanding how the language works. Rather than learning from scratch what arrays or objects or elements do..


No comments: